Number of Videos:
6 hours - 71 lessonsUser Level:
Grasshopper, the computational design extension of Rhino 3D, puts power and flexibility in the hands of architects and designers working with highly complex shapes and surfaces. Use the easy-to-grasp visual programming tools in Grasshopper to create 3D models by creating some user-defined rules and parameters.
These models can be updated by simply changing the parameters. Authorized Rhino trainer Luis Fraguada introduces the Rhino user to the algorithmic modeling capabilities of Grasshopper in this overview of its core functionality, interface, data types, data collections, and custom components.
- See how Grasshopper makes Rhino 3D modeling workflow more powerful and flexible
- Master Grasshopper's interface, preferences, shortcuts, and quick operations
- Understand what a Grasshopper component is and how to make and break connections
- Master the ability to pass information between Rhino and Grasshopper
- Learn about data types, component sets, lists, data trees, conditions, and parameter space
- Gain experience using Grasshopper with on-going exercises throughout the course
Luis E. Fraguada is the Research Director for Built by Associative Data, an international design and architectural practice based in Barcelona, Spain, and an instructor at the Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia. He is also a developer of Rhino functionality for McNeel Europe, is an authorized Rhinoceros trainer, and has designed a custom 3D food printer. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Design from the University of Colorado, and a Masters degree in Architecture and Urbanism from the Architectural Association in London, UK.